Mark Smith BSc (Hons) MRICS
RICS Registered Valuer
Director – Valuation Advisory
Mark has established himself as a respected expert valuation professional throughout the UK. Mark has been providing valuation advice for purposes to include Secured Lending, Acquisition & Disposal, Pension Fund & Company Accounting, Probate, Section 18 (Diminution in value) and recovery.
As well as private entities, Mark acts for Charities, Housing Associations and Local Authorities.
Mark acts as Expert Witness for legal proceedings concerning valuation matters to include Single Joint Expert & Party Appointed Expert. Mark has been awarded the Advanced Professional Award in Expert Witness Evidence which is the only Masters level qualification for expert witnesses in the UK and Internationally.
- Advised a local authority upon Overage payments on a number of sites where a planning gain had occurred on leisure sites when residential planning consent had been gained.
- Appraised Development sites to ascertain Section 106 liabilities. Performed viability studies and negotiated these liabilities with the local authority and District Valuer saving the developer 85% of their S.106 liabilities as originally requested by the local authority.
Section 18 (Diminution of Value)
- Reduced a tenants dilapidation liability on an office in Lancashire via an in depth valuation report.
- Acted as Single Joint expert to ascertain the value of a development site of large executive houses in one of the north wests most sought after residential areas. This was a complex instruction as the Land owner & developer couldn’t agree upon the purchase price after expiration of option agreement and unique instructions from which to value from.
- Secured Lending Valuations of a number of large portfolios to include 106 units, 59 units and 29 units.
0161 930 8499
Follow on Twitter
Follow on LinkedIn
Industrial / Offices
Regeneration & Development